This is a video I did on sustainability with a partner for a project based class. I selected this flash project artifact in order to demonstrate my ability to work with team members to complete a final finished and professional product. This project was completed in a multi-media class involving both video and flash, but flash was the main emphasis. The process and requirements to create this project involved seven main steps:
- Each project member developed a pre-loader and one would be chosen as the design.
- Select topics and concepts to cover by doing research on your subject.
- Develop and design together as a project group, a Flash interface design.
- Develop the interface design into a working model with content.
- Develop a video and add it to the interface.
- Develop a short flash movie advertisement and add it to the interface.
- Present and be reviewed by instructor and class members after completing the project.
The biggest problem we had was integrating two separate flash projects into one and getting the final flash movie to work. Our team member Boun Moua solved this problem after importing the first template into the second one by use flash action script to link the two together. During this project we as a team were required to figure out how to inform a general audience and keep the navigation easy enough for any general audience to follow once the project was complete. This involved lot of sketching out ideas, in the preplanning stages, a lot of organization about how to set the navigation, and quite a lot of research about what we were informing on as well as good written communication skills to make the topic discussed easily understandable.
We as a team wanted to demonstrate to the general audience of internet users from old to young and pique their interest in the free open source Mozilla Firefox browser, so that they would want to go out and use this easy to use and cost effective (free) program that encourages the development of further free open source and open coded projects.